What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us
- details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the website, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our website and how the website performs during your visit. The data is anonymised before being used for analytics and web performance processing.
Google Analytics processes anonymised information about:
- the pages you visit on our website
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the website
- what you click on while you’re visiting the website
We do not store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address).
We will not identify you through analytics information, and we will not combine analytics information with other data sets in a way that would identify who you are.
We continuously test and monitor our data protection controls to make sure they’re effective and to detect any weaknesses.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to see how you use our website and to see how well the website performs on your device. We do this to help:
- make sure our website is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving website search
- make performance improvements, for example improving page load time and data usage
We also collect data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- monitor use of the website to identify security threats
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to website security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of our website.
The legal basis for processing anonymised data for Google Analytics is your consent.
The legal basis for processing all other personal data is that it’s necessary:
- to perform a task in the public interest
- in the exercise of our functions
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
We will keep your feedback data for 2 years. We will delete access log data after 120 days.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Data collected by Google Analytics may be transferred outside the EEA for processing.
How to protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites.
This privacy notice only applies to our website, and does not cover other services and transactions that we link to. The services we link to may have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to our website from another website